Plymtree is a small village near Cullompton in Devon, England. It has a population of approximately 600.
There is a thriving community shop run by volunteers which houses an outreach post office which is open during the week and is used by the village community, as is the village hall, playground and recreation field.
The annual country fayre and horse show is held on the August Bank Holiday. It has a thriving cricket club, tennis court and an historic yew tree in the churchyard of the St John the Baptist church.
Throughout the winter parents run a football club every Saturday morning at the village playing field.
Plymtree is located within East Devon local authority area.
Historically it formed part of Hayridge Hundred. It falls within Cullompton Deanery for ecclesiastical purposes.
The Deaneries are used to arrange the typescript Church Notes of B.F.Cresswell which are held in the Westcountry Studies Library.
The population was 375 in 1801 359 in 1901 . Figures for other years are available on the local studies website. In 1641/2 146 adult males signed the Protestation returns.
A parish history file is held in Cullompton Library, and the many listed buildings in Plymtree are detailed here.
Maps: The image below is of the Plymtree area on Donn's one inch to the mile survey of 1765.
On the County Series Ordnance Survey mapping the area is to be found on 1:2,500 sheet 57/15 Six inch (1:10560) sheet 57SE.
The National Grid reference for the centre of the area is ST052028. On the post 1945 National Grid Ordnance Survey mapping the sheets are: 1:10,000 (six inch to a mile: sheet ST00SE, 1:25,000 mapping: sheet Explorer 030, Landranger (1:50,000) mapping: sheet 192. Geological sheet 325 also covers the area.